KITTANNING, Pa. (WPMG) – The Armstrong County School District had evacuated their main high-school campus early this morning due to an active emergency scene.
Fire crews were dispatched to the school following an automated carbon monoxide (CO) detector that had activated.
Reportedly, the CO leak was detected to be coming from around the mechanical room at the school.
Due to dropping temperatures while students were outside waiting, the school district had called all the buses back to the high-school to on-board all the children.
While the students sat in heated buses, anticipating to go home, the school was able to secure the emergency scene and allow the children to continue on with their day in class.
Carbon monoxide is potentially dangerous as you cannot see it, smell it, or hear it.
There were no announcements on if anyone was injured.